If Anybody Asks Me…: 1001 Questions for Educators, Counselors, & Therapists
SIZE: 4 x 6
PAGE COUNT: 154
“Adolescents have opinions! Believe it! They may not even be aware of their opinions, but they exist. Sometimes they are just below the surface, waiting to “erupt,” other times they are unconscious and not fully thought out, conflicting with other ideas.”
1,001 questions about health, family, relationships, growing up, school, social issues, and more. These creative questions encourage youth aged 11 to 18 to make decisions, self-evaluate, and form and vocalize opinions about issues crucial to growing up and living in our world. Discussed in a group setting, these questions will allow participants to let their peers know what they believe in, as well as find out where their friends stand on some poignant issues. They also make great topics for writing exercises, values education in recovery groups, life questions for youth groups… think of all the possibilities!
Excerpt from the Book
1. What would have to happen for you to feel that you are the luckiest person alive? Why?
2. What is your most prized possession? Why?
3. Who would you like to have visit you for a whole 24 hours? Why?
4. Would you rather be rich, famous, or happy? Why?
5. What one part of you–inner or outer–would you like to change? Why?
6. If your house was on fire, what one thing would you try to save? Why?
7. Which of your senses are the most important to you? Why?
8. Are you a person who likes constant change, or do you need things more stable and consistent? Why?
9. Your friends say, “Go for it!” What would you do?
10. What is a change you’ve made in yourself in the last year?
Table of Contents
Section One: You
Section Two: Growing Up
Section Three: Parents & Family
Section Four: Friends & Peers
Section Five: Relationships
Section Six: Teen Angst
Section Seven: School
Section Eight: Sports
Section Nine: Past/Future
Section Ten: Perfection
Section Eleven: Social Topics
Section Twelve: On a Scale of 1 to 10...
Section Thirteen: What if...